There are many reasons why a private tour guide should be used when planning your holiday or just looking to find out more about your local area. Local guides offer many benefits for the tourist and provide numerous services that will enhance any sightseeing trip. Some have specialty tours focusing on the arts, local history or cultural attractions whilst others will provide a more general tour by car or coach.
What they will all offer is the knowledge that most tourists will not have or be able to learn before visiting the city or attraction. So what are the benefits?
• Most tour guides would have undergone some form of training and the chances are they will be a member of a professional guides association.
• If you have limited time then using a private tour guide can prove invaluable as they can offer an efficient service and have the ability to take you to the places that you may not have seen otherwise. This will save tourists from wasting time trying to find the information or sites they wanted to see.
• Hiring a private tour guide may also allow access to places that you may not have been able to see as they will be recognised, reputable and trusted. There may even be less queuing which will enable the tour to take place quickly and efficiently.
• The Private Tour Guide will have an extensive knowledge of the city or location they are in and will really help the tourist understand the history and culture, if that is what they are interested in. They will have inside knowledge as well as years of experience and so they can help tourists to understand the influences in the area, the people and they will also offer a sense of familiarity so that the tourist does not feel like an outsider.
• The guide will ask questions about what is wanted from the tour and this will enable them to tailor it appropriately so that it maximises the potential of the visit so that every last drop of information can be squeezed out of it. By understanding the thoughts and requirements of the tourist the guide can ensure the visit is unique.
• A tour guide can offer a sense of security as in some countries tourists are not allowed to visit certain areas. However, if they are with an official tour guide then this may change the situation and open up many doors which may originally have been closed. Certain places can be dangerous and a tour guide will be aware of this, they will have the ability to steer clear of areas that some tourists may unknowingly wander in to.
Hiring a private tour guide can really make a difference to your trip as they offer insight, easy access, knowledge and security, all things that the normal tourist may not be able to achieve so easily.